Video critique – Please rescue me!!

Posted In: Jumps

• Participant
    aivala on #18920

Hi everybody,

I went to a few competitions this years but I suck and I don’t know why. My body is ok, in January I reached 18.40m in the 2 step run in 4B+J and 10.1 m/s with the gates. I was injured in between two months. Right now my speed is at the same level and strength, while not as great, is also ok.

So I thought that the problem has to be at the technique / mechanics. First jump measured at 6.29, second 6.19, third 6.01. I attached both the full speed versions and slow mo. I was jumping one foot and a half further at school (2008) with 400m training, extremely poor facilities and almost no weight training. This is ridiculously frustrating. I should be jumping 7m like nothing right now.

The nearest shoe to the board is placed at 13.80m, so I am averaging above 9.5 m/s for these last 14m.

Slow mo:

Real time: (here it’s clear that I have more speed than enough…)

some people there said that it looked as if I was suddenly diving into the pit after the first cycle of my hitch kick but from the videos I can’t tell anything…

Six weeks ago, 5.80 from 7 step:

2008, BW like right now, 4B+J at least 3m less than now, not able to hit 9.5 m/s, really cheap spikes, old track, still 6.30 jumping off the ball of my foot!!!:

Thanks a lot!!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.