It’s been almost two years since Peter Weyand, Vern Gambetta and I presented together at the first ever Rice Speed Symposium but I still refer back to the notes I took from Vern and Peter’s talks. Casey Thom, the organizer, put together a great setup, we had an excellent turnout and the quality of presentations was superb. In fact, I put my presentation slidedeck from that talk up as an ELITETRACK blog and it remains one of the most highly read posts on the site.
Shortly after that first symposium, Casey put together a 2nd symposium with highly respected sprint coach Vince Anderson (Justin Gatlin, Leonard Scott, Gary Kikaya) and Vern Gambetta. Again, from what I’ve heard the presentations were excellent. So I’m very happy to say that we’re now offering a DVD set of all 5 presentations. That’s 7 hours of top-notch content from some of the best minds in the business for just $79.95. This isn’t low-level sprint drill how-to nonsense….this is advanced research-based, training theory and practical application of sprinting. You can purchase the DVD set HERE. Here’s a rundown of the 5 presentations:
- Peter Weyand, PhD: “Forcing the Issue”
- Mike Young, PhD “Science of Speed: Research meets Application”
- Vern Gambetta: “The History of Sprint Training & Observations from 40 plus years of Coaching Speed”
- Vern Gambetta: “Own the Finish – 400m Training”
- Vince Anderson: “Acceleration”